Friday, December 22, 2006

Blogger

A few days ago, Google brought Blogger out of beta release and with it some features that I was waiting for so now I have moved my two blogs over to Blogger. The one feature that prevented me from using Blogger before is the Labels feature so that I can organize the postings into topics instead of just in a chronological archive.

Other features that I like:
  • Blogger now uses the Google user accounts so I don't have to log into Blogger separately.
  • Blogger's dashboard is better than other blogging tools for monitoring multiple blogs
  • The template is now much easier to manipulate and customize.
  • The Feed Tool will allow a reader to filter for selected labeled postings.
  • It is very easy to use.
  • Blogger is tied in closer to other related Google tools like Google Reader, Adsense and Blog Search.
  • I can set up an RSS Feed link into my blog.
  • Blogger support Mobile Blogging.
Features that are still missing:
  • I can't seem to attach a document file to a posting
  • There is no import feature so I copied and pasted my old blog entries over. I was able to back-date the posting dates.
Blogger is free, easy to use and works well for teachers and students to blog with. Got to www.blogger.com to get started.

No comments: